Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

February 16, 2007

A special day !

Today marks the second anniversary of the day we lost our first baby ! Last year I wrote a poem that I love to read over and over as it is still 100% how I feel today and how I will feel the rest of my life…. You can read it here

I still remember it all like it happened yesterday…. I didn't think I would be able to get out of bed the next morning… Pierre was so strong and great for me during this time even though he was also grieving from the loss…….

When I had my operations and found out that I would not have made it through labor if I would have carried our child to 9 month, it really hit home for both of us. We vowed that we would make the best of each day we have together and to NEVER take the time we can spend together for granted (not that we did this before either I guess)…. As we don't know what tommorow might bring !!

We have bought a precious moment figurine to place in our babie's bedroom to help us remember our little angel and their sibling that is waiting for us all in heaven….
It is a beautiful piece and is called "SAFE IN THE ARMS OF JESUS"



Please take a moment today to think of something that you have taken for granted and take a moment to appreciate it !

3 Comments:

  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger geminirn said…

    AHHH!!! The poem is just simlpy BEAUTIFUL.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger esther said…

    never forgotten
    and always missed.

    maybe our babies are buddies in heaven...

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a lovely poem, Lisa. I'm thinking of you with your babies in the nursery. And I'm grateful for the people in my life.

    Blessing to you and your babies,
    Gina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home