Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

February 09, 2007

TODAY IS THE DAY !!!!

Well this will be my last post before I leave !!!! My bags are all packed and at the door.. I'm sooo hoping I have not forgotten anything !!!!

I leave for the airport in less than an hour !!! I am SOOOO Excited but will miss Pierre SOOOO MUCH.... We have never been apart for this long so it will be a very LOOOONG 12 days.....

I will try to post a few times on the blog from Ethiopia (or hopefully have a friend post for me from here) so keep checking and I also did up a few posts beforehand !

For those who saw the clip on the news... I thought they did a great job... its always funny to see yourself talk on TV... I kept doing something funny with my eyes.. but I think that was helping me from being nervous...

however as you must of noticed, they did a few errors.. I always assume this will happen as they NEVER write anything down and I don't understand how they will remember all the stuff....

They said that it could cost between 30, 000 and 40,000 per child.... and what I said was that adoptions cost between 20,000 and 40, 000 depending on which country you adopt from so they had that backwards.... and also they made it seem as we chose Ethiopia cause we could not adopt from China.. I didn't really like that, as we never mentionned anything about that.. only that we could not be approved for many other countries because of requirements....

And they said that our children would be close to 18 months... obviously we don't know that either..

Oh well all in all its not that bad I guess.... I just hate when they make errors but I think most people know how the media works... Our nursery also looks a lot bigger on camera, it is TINY :)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Safe travels Lisa and have the time of your life!! I will look forward to seeing some posts from Ethiopia.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home