Adoption books !
I have been meaning to post this for a while so here it is...
Here are adoption books that I find are worth the time and money in case some of you are wondering :)
Adoption parenting

http://www.amazon.ca/Adoption-Parenting-Creating-Building-Connections/dp/0972624457/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/702-3865860-0276051?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184163417&sr=8-1
I enjoyed this book a lot as its written by adoptive parents that have been there, done that and also is full or resources with online sites and book references ! Its not a text book but a book divided in different section for example (dicsipline and what is different with adoption children), sleep, food, transition, race, school, attachement and bonding.... and you can easily go back and find something that you have read which is the best part! This book is for adoptive children from birth to pre-teen.
Attaching in adoption

http://www.amazon.ca/Attaching-Adoption-Practical-Todays-Parents/dp/0944934293/ref=pd_rhf_f_i_1/702-3865860-0276051
This book is a text book and I found it long to read, but found that it had lots of useful information for different type of attachement. Since we don't know what type of attachement our children will have, I find it was nice to read about the different kinds so that you are aware that they exist even if your child does not show sign of this.
Toddler Adoption (The weaver's craft)

http://www.amazon.ca/Toddler-Adoption-Weavers-Mary-Hopkins-Best/dp/0944934218/ref=sr_1_1/702-3865860-0276051?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184163742&sr=1-1
Another great read for parents adopting toddlers, lots of usefull information and tools to use for attachement and also written by an adoptive mom who adopted a toddler. It is a text book but well worth the read... again all these senarios may not pertain to every situation but its nice to see what others have gone through so that if you do go through something similar, you would know you are not alone !
There is no me without you

http://www.amazon.ca/There-No-Me-Without-You/dp/1596911166/ref=sr_1_1/702-3865860-0276051?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184163929&sr=1-1
This is not an adoption book but about adoptions from Ethiopia ! This book is truly amazing and definetly should be a MUST READ for everyone adopting from Ethiopia. It gives you great insight on life in Ethiopia before the children come to us through adoption. I will read this book over and over again as it is wonderful!
I have read a lot of other books but these were my favorites.
If anyone has any other book suggestion, please leave a comment.
Only 8 days left !
Here are adoption books that I find are worth the time and money in case some of you are wondering :)
Adoption parenting

http://www.amazon.ca/Adoption-Parenting-Creating-Building-Connections/dp/0972624457/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/702-3865860-0276051?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184163417&sr=8-1
I enjoyed this book a lot as its written by adoptive parents that have been there, done that and also is full or resources with online sites and book references ! Its not a text book but a book divided in different section for example (dicsipline and what is different with adoption children), sleep, food, transition, race, school, attachement and bonding.... and you can easily go back and find something that you have read which is the best part! This book is for adoptive children from birth to pre-teen.
Attaching in adoption

http://www.amazon.ca/Attaching-Adoption-Practical-Todays-Parents/dp/0944934293/ref=pd_rhf_f_i_1/702-3865860-0276051
This book is a text book and I found it long to read, but found that it had lots of useful information for different type of attachement. Since we don't know what type of attachement our children will have, I find it was nice to read about the different kinds so that you are aware that they exist even if your child does not show sign of this.
Toddler Adoption (The weaver's craft)

http://www.amazon.ca/Toddler-Adoption-Weavers-Mary-Hopkins-Best/dp/0944934218/ref=sr_1_1/702-3865860-0276051?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184163742&sr=1-1
Another great read for parents adopting toddlers, lots of usefull information and tools to use for attachement and also written by an adoptive mom who adopted a toddler. It is a text book but well worth the read... again all these senarios may not pertain to every situation but its nice to see what others have gone through so that if you do go through something similar, you would know you are not alone !
There is no me without you
http://www.amazon.ca/There-No-Me-Without-You/dp/1596911166/ref=sr_1_1/702-3865860-0276051?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184163929&sr=1-1
This is not an adoption book but about adoptions from Ethiopia ! This book is truly amazing and definetly should be a MUST READ for everyone adopting from Ethiopia. It gives you great insight on life in Ethiopia before the children come to us through adoption. I will read this book over and over again as it is wonderful!
I have read a lot of other books but these were my favorites.
If anyone has any other book suggestion, please leave a comment.
Only 8 days left !
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

1 Comments:
At 8:29 PM,
Rempel Family said…
One week Lisa!!! I am soooo excited for you!!!!! Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home