Berthe
Berthe is Pierre's aunt but not just that, she is a GREAT friend to me ! Since the day we met, we both decided that our paths were definetly meant to cross. She has always been very supportive of all the decisions we made (for my operations) and about the adoption and all that and has always been there to lend an ear when I needed to be heard ! She is an amazing woman and has accomplished so much in her life. She also loves to travel and has been around the world to many countries !
When we decided to adopt, one of the first thing Pierre and I had to decide was that we needed to choose someone that would be able to care for our children if ever something were to happen to us.
There are a lot of people in our lives that we love and that we know love our girls...but its not an easy decision. We needed someone that would understand the importance we had of our children growing up knowing other ethiopian children and being exposed to their birth culture. We also needed someone that would agree to visit Ethiopia with them when they are older in case we are not there to do this with them !
Berthe seemed to be this person for us in many ways. She is warm and loving and we know will be and would be wonderful with our girls. When she decided to be the guardian for our children, we invited her to come to Ethiopia with us to experience our adoption journey with us so that she would be there from the first moments with the girls ! She is very excited to be coming and we know she will be a big help in the airport as she has travelled a lot. We will also have our personal photographer so that the 4 of us can be in pictures together ! The best part however is that we will have a friend that will have been there with us and that we will always have a special bond with to last a lifetime for us and for the girls !
Here is a little note that Berthe wrote to me that I wanted to share as it melted my heart...
I feel to blessed to have an opportunity to share this with the two of you. And you should sleep with ease at night because when I accepted to be the guardian for your girls I didn't do it without much reflection and I promise you with every fibre of my being that I would love these girls and provide the best life I could for them. It really made my heart melt when I read what you said about the girls seeing pictures later on in life and seeing that I travelled to Ethiopia with the two of you to bring them home.
We are very blessed that she has agreed to join us and she is as anxious as us to experience Ethiopia and to see the girls of course !!!
Berthe THANK YOU for being you and for everything that you have done for us. wanting to be there for us and the girls and we look forward to our journey together !
Only 13 days left!
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

9 Comments:
At 7:48 AM,
Mom 2 six said…
Beautiful...Berthe sounds like a great gal.
At 11:54 PM,
Lesley said…
Hi Lisa...
Only 13 days to go!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for you to go get your girls :)
How wonderful for you and Pierre to have someone like Berthe to travel with and experience this momentous time in your life all together.
She sounds awesome :)
Lesley
At 6:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
How nice!! And how wonderful that she will share the entire journey with you!
At 7:18 PM,
Anonymous said…
I am so glad that you have such a wonderful supportive friend and family member! You are all so blessed to have each other on this Journey to the girls....
praying that the days to you being in Ethiopia with your beautiful little princesses just fly by...
At 7:49 PM,
geminirn said…
That is fantastic...to think she will be right there along side you both...all sharing this wonderful journey together...wow what a very special bond that will create.
Looking forward to following along.
At 12:03 PM,
The Turgeon Expansion said…
Lisa and Pierre,
That's so awesome you have such a wonderful person in your lives like Berthe!
So excited for you to get the girls!! (Just to know...we're living vicariously through your eyes, dreaming of the time when we're doing this!)
Rhonda
At 5:06 PM,
Mom to Kayli and Mya said…
1 WEEK and 3 DAYS!! Are u ready??? I am so excited for you both!
At 6:08 PM,
Krista Dolan said…
We had my in-laws travel with us and they took the best pictures EVER!! It was such a help having an extra set of arms. Your so lucky to have such a wonderful friend. What an incredible memory for her and you!
Krista and Lily
At 6:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much Berthe for being there with Pierre and my baby girl,and going to Ethiopia with them. Since I had to stay and help my husband with the bussiness,but I will be here for them when they come back, that's for sure.Hurry back Marika and Karelle.XXXX. Love you all , Lisa's mom,(Rose).
Post a Comment
<< Home