Cloth diapers !
When Pierre and I decided to have children, I knew that we would cloth diaper my babies for many different reasons. I know, I know most people are probably shaking their heads and thinking that we will not be able to do it but I am certain that this is something that I want to do so I will find a way to make it work and Pierre is on board 100% which I think will definetly make things easier.... I'm not saying that I will not EVER use disposable (and if they have Diarrhea for a while, I may us a few) but since I will be home with the girls, I don't see that one more load of laundry every few days will take up too much time. Plus there are soo many benefits that I think its worth it...
1) Cloth Diapers Are Cheaper Than Disposable Diapers...
2) Cloth Diapers Are Healthier For Your Baby...
3) Cloth Diapers Are Better For The Environment...
4) Cloth Diapers Are Every Bit As Convenient As Disposable Diapers...
Here are two great links explaining in details the benefits of cloth diapering and where there is information on all of the points listed above.
http://www.granolamoms.com/newbie/cloth.htm
http://www.diaperjungle.com/why-use-cloth-diapers.html
SOOOOO after so many years of wanting to purchase cloth diapers, I finaly got them today !!!
This lady Tanya that I met at a craft fair was selling the cloth diapers that she was making ! They are one size and will fit children from 5 lbs to 40 lbs. You can even choose the type of cloth you want them made out of (I chose Hemp for the inside of the diapers as it is sooo soft for their skin). You can also choose the colors of the diapers and the covers !
She even pre washed them all for me and delivered them to my door!! That is what I call service ! Most cloth diapers can only be bought online but this way I was able to save on not paying any taxes and plus no shipping fees !
If anyone would be interested, please let me know and I can provide you with her contact information. I'm sure she would be able to ship them in Canada as well !
Another great brand that a friend of mine uses is the Mother Ease cloth diapers! These can be ordered online and are also very affordable.
http://www.mother-ease.com/
Enjoy your long week-end everyone !!!
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

14 Comments:
At 5:52 AM,
Giselle said…
Hi Lisa! That's great that you want to try cloth diapers. I had planned to do it, but I admit I could not stick with it! My mum had used cloth diapers on my sister and me (when we were babies LOL!), but put disposables on us when we left the house, so that could also be a good compromise if you need it.
At 7:34 AM,
Bingaling said…
Good for you! I decided a long time ago that if I ever had babies, cloth diapers were the way I was going to go. Of course, now we're adopting older kids that are out of the diaper stage, but someday we might do the baby thing. I LOVE the Hello Kitty diaper!
At 10:17 AM,
Anonymous said…
I would also put out the word that you plan to use cloth diapers, you may be surprised at all the free (and brand new) ones people will be handing over to you. I recieved 3 big garbage bags full. Alas, my cloth diaper experiance lasted for 1 week (so I too handed them over to the next person). Good luck and have fun.
Jody
At 10:25 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm with you all the way !!! I was raised on cloth diapers baby and I am 100 % sure you will perservere !! YIppee for the environment - Yipee for your babies !!
Jessie
At 1:20 PM,
Anonymous said…
Lisa you know I am 1000% behind you on this!!
I have loved cloth diapering with Kaleb......and it really was a huge savings at a time when we did not have alot of extra $$$.
Coleene
At 4:23 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi, Lisa... Good for you. I have used cloth for both our kids, and we'll continue with baby #3 (if we ever get a proposal... sigh!) Not only is it good for the environment etc, it also helps kids with potty training, 'cause they feel wet. When I see those ads promoting disposables that make the kid feel wet when they pee, I want to scream, "Just use cloth diapers!" But I know everyone is different.
I honestly don't find it that challenging, so hopefully it will be your experience as well.
One tip: fill a spray bottle with 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water... spray each diaper (after rinsing off any poop etc) and put in diaper pail. Another tip: wash more frequently rather than letting them pile up.
cheers, G.
At 5:42 PM,
Gwen Oatsvall said…
found your blog ... we are on our second adoption to china and have been praying about going to Ethiopia next... can't wait to follow your journey ...congrats on the girls!!
At 9:58 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Lisa,
I also used cloth diapers. My daughter was born in December, in Halifax, and we didn't have a dryer! We basically hung the clean diapers on the line and let them freeze for a few days and then thawed them out! I loved them, and because I purchased alot of them, I didn't find it much work at all. I had a huge plastic garbage can with a lid that I filled with vinegar and water. I just threw the diapers in there until I was ready to do laundry. No odour that way. I also recommend lining the diapers with flushable diaper liners. Makes the poop much easier to deal with!
Good Luck and safe travel...
Shauna
At 12:18 PM,
Emily said…
holy cow!!! lisa, for some reason of all the adoption blogs about eithiopia yours is the only one i read regularly...i guess now i know why, we must be like minded! my children are cloth diapered! anyway, bravo to you, cloth rocks. another good website is www.diaperpin.com there is a great message forum there too, it's a really great community. quite a few canadians frequent it too. plus, it has a lot of good info. anyway, you will love cloth, i am sure.
At 9:02 PM,
Anonymous said…
Way to go...
I switched Xander to cloth at 8 months, and loved it. I think it helped him train faster too...
Just waiting now to hear the twins are parasite free and then onward with the cloth!
Jason hates the cloth diapers, i have to admit!
We found this great diaper sprayer thing that attaches to your toilet so you can spray out your diapers... highly recommend it!
not long now... happy packing!
Sandi
At 7:20 PM,
Chatter said…
Woohoo on cloth diapers! I used a combo of cloth and disposable for my little one. We fell out of it but I hope to use cloth for our next :)
I can't wait until you get your girls home!!
At 12:48 PM,
Gina said…
Lisa, I plan on cloth diapering my daughter, too! My Mom made a bunch of diapers and I may buy more. I like the idea of flushable diaper liners and the vinegar/water spray. Good luck! We can compare notes!
Gina
At 1:43 PM,
Mom to Kayli and Mya said…
I love the designs, cool! I never used them for I was too lazy LOL!
Good luck!
At 12:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
LOL, Lisa, c'est ta cousine Mel! J'ai remarqué que l'une des couches est de Hello Kitty! LOL, vous donnez à Marika et Karelle un petit gout japonais.
Post a Comment
<< Home