Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

June 17, 2007

Happy Father's day !

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers and Fathers to be!

I thought I would post about my husband today, I don't seem to write much about him and well as today is Father's Day I thought ther was not a better day to do so !

Pierre and I met on a Christmas Eve.... if you would have told us that we would be where we are today, we would have both laughed i'm sure of that... We often discuss that night, he thought I would never go out with him and I thought he was WAY too cute to be interested in me.We did not go out together until almost 3 years after that !

We dated for a year and a half when Pierre proposed. It was a wonderful night, I will post about our engagement in another post soon ! We knew we were meant for each other in soo many ways. We have the same values, we have the same goals in life and we both had a dream of building a family.

We got married and it was the greatest day of our lives until the accident.

We went through so much in that first year of marriage. We lost a dear friend and cousin Mario on our wedding night, we lost our first baby and the little girl we were adopting... I had to have many operations after the lost of our child and I definetly was not always fun to be around.... at the end of the day, Pierre was always there for me, and I always there for him...we were always together and we knew we could count on each other when times were rough or we just needed someone there. Sometimes we laughed, sometimes we cried but we always did it together and it formed a bond that we will never be able to explain. I can share my deepest thoughts with my husband no matter what that is and know that he is always there to listen and will never judge me.

When times were rough we always went to bed being thankful that we had each other and that as long as we had each other we could get through anything !

When the DR told us that I could have died from my pregnancy because of the malformation that I had in my uterus (the only case ever seen in Canada), it really hit home for us.... That night Pierre and I decided that we would live for today and live our lives to the fullest, to love lots, to laugh as much as we could and to enjoy the little things in life !

Going through this adoption process has been an amazing journey and we did enjoy every minute. It has shown us what needing patience meant but has strenghtened our marriage even more than we ever thought possible ! Now that we are so close to having the girls home, we are SOOO looking forward to finaly being a family and starting another chapter in our lives!

Pierre is/will be a wonderful father to our girls and he is soo looking forward to spending daddy time with them and with me as a family. Its amazing to see another side of your husband and to see how he is soo in love with our children just like I am and that when he talks about them, his eyes light up!

I will always remember the day I walked off of my flight coming back from Ethiopia in February(as this is the first time Pierre and I had seen each other since we had received the refferal of our daugthers)…. It’s a feeling I will never forget to be able to excitely show him pictures of Marika and Karelle and to jump up and down and say " You are a daddy !!!!" I could not believe this day had arrived. It is something that we thought we would experience together (seeing our children's pictures for the first time) but happened a little different for us!

After all this waiting I am sooo happy to be celebrating Father's Day with my husband today and to know that this will be the last Father's day without handmade cards and loads of kisses that he will receive in the years to come !

This was my favorite picture of Pierre on our wedding day ! Its a scanned picture so not the best quality but thought I would post it anyways !

4 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Lisa... i was so touched by your father's day entry -- by the love and admiration you have for your husband and for the challenging (and also rewarding) journey you have shared so far... I am so impressed with your positive attitude, in spite of the losses you have experienced. Very inspirational! Cheers, Gloria

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…

    ..If I had a quarter for every time you have made me tear up from reading your blog!! What a beautiful post Lisa. I am so happy for the direction you life has taken you. You guys sure have been through a lot and deserve to celebrate your family and each other. Happy Father's Day Pierre..can't wait to see you with your girls.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Chatter said…

    What a beautiful post! I love hearing about happy couples with a wonderful connection :)

    Happy Father's Day!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger esther said…

    that was a beautiful tribute to your husband...:)

    happy father's day pierre!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home