Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

June 05, 2007

Update on t-shirt order :)


Well I thought I would do a post about the t-shirts order I have been doing ! They have been going great ! I have just received the last order and have packaged them and will be sending them off to everyone today ! The picture if of my kitchen table while I was packaging them last night !
There is $4 from every shirt that is sent directly to CHOIR(the organization I travelled to Ethiopia with in February).
Since I have started doing the shirt orders last November, I have already raised $542 !!!!!
When you think that $260 can feed an Ethiopian family for a WHOLE YEAR, this amount of money will help lots of children in our programs and really its close to what some Ethiopian's annual salary is!
Thank you to everyone that has purchases the shirts and THANK YOU to my mom and dad and the employees at Impression Promotion for doing the t-shirts for us ! We are making a difference in the lives of children in Ethiopia !
I cannot wait for Marika and Karelle to wear there's either !
If you would like more information on how to order the t-shirts, please see the following link:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lisa ,I printed your update, to show the employees.They were very impress to see the good cause behind it.They find it's a good challenge to do the shirts, with all the different colors, but now, I'm sure they will be happy to see another t-shirt order.We are proud of you Lisa and Pierre, Love, your Mom & Dad and the employees at Impression promotions..

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Ricki said…

    That is awesome Lisa! Thanks for starting this (and thanks to your parents). I see lots of pink on the table, lol! I can hardly wait to order a pink or blue one too (or maybe one of each :)
    Ricki

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa,

    that is so awesome that you have raised so much for CHOIR.

    Kaleb loves the tshirt you sent him.....originally I just thought it would be "fun" for him to wear..and it is!!

    but there is a whole other experience with the tshirt. Kaleb now knows how to say Ethiopia (although it comes out "opia") and he knows it is the place he was born and he knows how to say Africa and that it is the "big place surrounding Opia"

    As well the tshirt has been a very positive communcation tool for us with other people when he wears it. It opens up a whole conversation with others about Kaleb's origins and sometimes about him being adopted........In a very positive way.......

    and everyone thinks the tshirts are an AWESOME idea!!!

    so a big THANK YOU for making all this happen!!

    Coleene

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    I can't wait to get our t-shirts! :-) In fact, it's the first piece of clothing I've allowed myself to buy for our little one. Doesn't that make you feel extra special, Lisa? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home