Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

July 03, 2007

PEI Camping Adoption Gathering !






We had such a great Canaday Day week-end ! There were 17 families either camping or visiting with us through the week-end and everyone is in the process or has adopted from Ethiopia ! Last year when I orgnznized the first gathering for the Canada Day long week-end, we were 5 families so it was sooo great to see all the new families that have joined us since then !!! Pierre and I stayed from Friday night to Monday morning and really enjoyed relaxing and not having to worry about packing LOL !

We had bought a much bigger tent in order to fit the girls and this was the first time we were setting it up and it was GREAT ! There will be lots of room for our growing family, at least for a while !

There is such a great bond between adoptive families and Pierre and I are SOOOO excited to be part of this wonderful group and we can't wait to be able to bring the girls to these !

We thought of Marika and Karelle all week-end, it will be soo fun to have them with us for these gatherings that's for sure... Everyone was counting down with us, it was a very fun week-end !!!!!

Only 16 more days before we leave !!! Hard to believe !

7 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger geminirn said…

    WOW!!!!!Only 16 more days....this is very exciting!!!!

    Thinking of you guys daily.

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Chatter said…

    Woohoo!! 16 more days :)
    The weekend looked like fun. That's so great you have such a wonderful group of adoptive parents to meet with and introduce the girls to. Hope the next couple weeks keeps you busy. Smile :)
    Chandra

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Mom to Kayli and Mya said…

    Looks like you had a GRREAT Canada Day! I still cant believe it is only 16 days left.. well less now for I am late posting...

    YAHOOOO

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh. Time is flying by! Hopefully I'll be sharing some good new before you go.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so do leave posts on your blog !! evil funny lady - I told you cloth diapering was the.... cats.... @#$%.... I mean the baby's butt !! yeah Momma !! Camping festival was wonderful !! only 14 days till you leave ??? Yippeeee Doodle

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said…

    Jessie, I do remember now your post about the diapers LOL... Losing my mind.. however it was not posted with your same account as it did not say "King Jessie the Magnificent" HAHA.. .so you have to give me that !!!

    Yes 14 days.... I REALLY hope we get to connect in Ethiopia !

    Lisa

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    People that we knew who adopted two beautiful girls from Ethiopia(much older than yours and younger than ours) once took their girls on a camping trip for the night. The girls were terrified of lions hyeanas etc! They had to be reassured that there were no such animals in Australia except in the Zoo of course. Poor little darlings.. It had not occurred to these parents that these would be an issue... Spiders maybe...Snakes? but not Hyeanas!Oh the joys of new countries:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home