Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

February 04, 2007

Only 4 Sleeps left !!!

Hard to believe in 5 days I will be in Ethiopia !!!!



The organization we are going on this expedition with really wanted us to bring as many shoes for the children in our school as we could... so with the money that we had left over to use on donation we decided to buy new sneakers for the children in Ethiopia.



I went to Wal Mart as Julie and I had seen some on clearance for $5 a pair.. however this was my lucky day and someone was watching out for us and these children as the same sneakers were ALL DISCOUNTED to $3 !!!!!!!! Amazing huh...



So I bought all they had at BOTH Wal Marts..... 33 pairs of new sneakers that are really nice....



Now I have to find room to pack in our stuff !!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa, you're such an amazing person, it's hard to describe in words what kind of person you are. You're the best and I'm so happy to have you as my friend in my life. I hope you have a super fun time in Ethiopia, you were put on this earth to make a difference and that's what you're doing. I love you with all my heart. Your friend Carole xox

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    OH WOW!!! I will ditto that your such an amazing person!! You are going to make 33 pairs of feet really happy!! Good luck with packing them...lol!! Cant wait to see you blogging from Ethiopia!! Any news on the adoption or when you expect a referral???

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said…

    Thanks Carole for your kind words...

    Kim, I dont' think I will be able to blog from Ethiopia because of the connections.. but will surely be posting lots upon my return...

    No news yet on refferals.....

    Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home