Refferal wait (8 months !!)

Well 8 months ago today, we were tracking our dossier while it was being sent to Ethiopia... Hard to believe that it has already been 8 months !!
There are a lot of people that ask us like always why it is taking soo long and we also wish we would know exactly the reason, however with international adoption you often don't !! We could have been matched with our children already and that the information has not gotten to Canada yet or we could have been matched and one of our babies did not get approved by the Canadian immigration during the medical that they have to go through....
Adoptions from Ethiopia have also increased by almost 5 times what they were in 2005 which means that there are more dossiers, more families, more paperwork, all together more work for all involved and this could delay the process of a lot....
Sometimes its hard to be patient but with my upcoming trip to Ethiopia (I leave in 32 days !!!) its been keeping me busy and we know that when the time is right, we will receive the wonderful news !!!
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

5 Comments:
At 2:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
i know it is SO easy for me to say...but hang in there friend, we're waiting with ya:)
esther
At 1:32 PM,
Tao's Mommy said…
Happy 8 months!! You have such a FUNSHINE attitude....keep smilin and your babies will soon be home with you!!!
At 2:17 PM,
Anonymous said…
Happy 8 Month Mark Lisa
I am hanging in there with you. We will both get our day sometime soon!!
Louise
At 6:17 PM,
Anonymous said…
It's weird, but I would have to say I thought waiting the second time would be a breeze, but it really isn't!
I hope for you guys that you will get a referral VERY soon!!!!!
Can't wait to hear, and that day you get the call will be such an amazing day, these months of waiting will just melt away!!
Sandi
At 8:46 PM,
Anonymous said…
I agree about your fun attitude and I also want to say hang in there.
It seems SOOOOO long and then you see those little faces on your referral and believe me...it is SO worth the wait.
I remember how excited you were for us when our referral came and I will be just as excited for you when that incredible day comes!
Lesley
Post a Comment
<< Home