Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

January 01, 2007

The year 2006 in review !


Well another year has come and gone and we are now today in 2007. Hard to believe sometimes !!

We have had a very exciting year and I thought that I would review by months what we have been up to !

January - We completed our adoption home study and I decided to start organizing the Maritime Adoption Gatherings !
Feburary- Our dossier was sent to CAFAC (our adoption agency) and it was the first anniversary of the lost of our first baby (February 16).
March- This month we received confirmation that our children are now sponsored through Canadian Immigration !
April - I turned 25 on April 10 and we were still waiting for our dossier to be sent to Ethiopia !
May - Our dossier was received in Ethiopia on May 9, 2006
June - We received our first set of immunizations for when we travel to Ethiopia
July - We held our first Maritime Adoption gathering in Antigonish
August - We started fundraising for CHOIR (ticket sale and Yard sale event). We also had our first interview for the local paper about our adoption from Ethiopia.
September - We held our big yard sale/fundraiser event. We also had our second Maritime Adoption Gathering in Halifax at the Ethiopian restaurant and it was also Pierre and I's second wedding anniversary !
October - We continued our fundraising efforts and also welcomed our new niece Claudia into the family
November - Julie and I decided to go to Ethiopia for a humanitarian expedition in February of 2006 and signed up with the organization (CHOIR).
December - We are still patiently waiting for new from our babies and enjoyed our last Christmas with just the two of us !

Well that was our year 2006 and I look foward to next year's post at this time as there should be great things to list about our family for 2007 !

Happy New Year everyone !

3 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger The Hattons... said…

    That is such a great break down of how 2006 affected you and what was accomplished. You have such great ideas of things to post. Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My husband and I are also in the process of adopting two children from Ethiopia and your website has been such an inpiration. I absolutely love the shirts that you gave Sheri! Is there any way for me to buy a those shirts for myself, since I live in Michigan. My e-mail address is wendytanis@hotmail.com

    Thanks,
    Wendy

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a beautiful picture of you guys!!!
    i love reading your blog, and i too look forward to reading your post 1 year from now...i get a jittery just thinking about it!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home