Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Sunday and 5 Sleeps to go !!!


Ok now I'm on the countdown and will post everyday until I leave ! I am still packing and missing my husband who is in NFLD for our niece's baptism... I will try to put pictures up when he returns tommorow with the camera !
Tonight the NSF is making history which is really interesting for us families adoptive african children ! This is the first time an African-American coach brings his team to the SuperBowl and tonight this is true for BOTH teams... Tonight its the first time in history that an AA coach will win the SuperBowl !

I also read an interesting story this moring in the New York Times about the losing merchandise (hats and t-shirts) that are not used by the losing team is usually sent to Africa or other countries stuck by poverty... The last line of the article says

"Major League Baseball destroys the clothing that was made for its runners-up. The N.B.A. donates it to an overseas charity. And the N.F.L. sends it to a place far away.There, and only there, the losers get to be winners."

Here is the full article to read:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home