I'm back and we have two beautiful daugthers !!!
Hi Everyone !!
Sorry for the lack of post since my return but I have been REALLY busy letting all our friends and family know that we finaly have gotten the refferal of two little sisters waiting for us in Ethiopia !
Karelle (Tsega) is 5 months and Marika (Mekdelawit) is 17 months (both born in the month of August !).
What an amazing week it was in Ethiopia as I even got to spend some time with them.... It truly felt like a dream to have them both in my arms..... Its was sooo hard to say good bye, however being able to see where they sleep and how they interact with the caregivers was such a blessing.. Ethiopians love their children soooo much..... When I go to sleep at night here I sleep with peace knowing how well they are cared for until we get to bring them home !
I will talk about this more in future post and I also have many many stories and pictures to share about my expedition to Ethiopia ! It was such a wonderful time and to be able to see my girls was just an added bonus !!
Because of the laws with Ethiopian adoptions, it is not possible for us to post pictures of our children on blogs like this one until they are legally ours and that the adoption process is finished. Once we have them home in a few months I will then be able to post all their pictures for you all to enjoy ( and believe me ther are lots and lots !!!)
Thank you for your patience while I get back in my routine and stay tuned for lots of post about my experiences in Ethiopia !
Sorry for the lack of post since my return but I have been REALLY busy letting all our friends and family know that we finaly have gotten the refferal of two little sisters waiting for us in Ethiopia !
Karelle (Tsega) is 5 months and Marika (Mekdelawit) is 17 months (both born in the month of August !).
What an amazing week it was in Ethiopia as I even got to spend some time with them.... It truly felt like a dream to have them both in my arms..... Its was sooo hard to say good bye, however being able to see where they sleep and how they interact with the caregivers was such a blessing.. Ethiopians love their children soooo much..... When I go to sleep at night here I sleep with peace knowing how well they are cared for until we get to bring them home !
I will talk about this more in future post and I also have many many stories and pictures to share about my expedition to Ethiopia ! It was such a wonderful time and to be able to see my girls was just an added bonus !!
Because of the laws with Ethiopian adoptions, it is not possible for us to post pictures of our children on blogs like this one until they are legally ours and that the adoption process is finished. Once we have them home in a few months I will then be able to post all their pictures for you all to enjoy ( and believe me ther are lots and lots !!!)
Thank you for your patience while I get back in my routine and stay tuned for lots of post about my experiences in Ethiopia !
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

13 Comments:
At 5:23 PM,
geminirn said…
OMG!!!!!We have been checking everyday for updates on your trip.WE NEVER expected to see this post...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!Wow can't wait to hear me and to see those adorable little babies of yours!!!!!WOW!!!WOW!!!!WOW!!!!!
Dianne&Joe Mahoney
Saint John,NB
lid dec.19th/05(China)
At 5:24 PM,
Anonymous said…
AWESOME! That is so wonderful that you got to see them there. Congrats to both of you guys! That nursary will be full and busy soon!
Arnica
At 5:06 AM,
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!! I'm with Dianne. I kept checking to see when you were home and see if there were any stories/pictures. How wonderful to have been able to meet your daughters!! What an experience for you. I cannot wait to see pictures. I'm all teary eyed writing this.
One of our "traditions" in the Chinese adoption community is to go to the airport and welcome new families home. I hope you will allow us to do the same when you come home as a family of four! I'm sure Dianne will be wanting to come up too! Right Dianne?
Félicitations!!
Penny
penny.wolfe@gmail.com
At 10:16 AM,
Krista Dolan said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I am so excited for you both!
and I am so happy that you were able to see them and hold them.
I cried when I received your e-mail!!
I'll be in moncton the end of March, maybe we can get together for a coffee?
At 10:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
How exciting Lisa! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about how you met them!
Tanya K.
At 10:59 AM,
Bingaling said…
Congratulations! It is so amazing that you are getting TWO little girls - and that they are biological siblings is even more fantastic!
I can't wait to hear more about your trip to Addis - and can't wait to see pictures, too!
Do you have an estimated timeframe for when you get to go back to pick up the girls?
At 12:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
WOW!!! You must be so excitted!!! I'm so happy for you guys..it must have been such an amazing experience to be able to spend time with your daughters while you were in Ethiopia!!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip and your daughters!
At 4:01 PM,
Anonymous said…
CONGRATULATIONS !!! oh Lisa, this is so wonderful, Dan and I are so happy for you !!!! amazing amazing amazing... what a wonderful group of occurences..
Jess & Dan
At 4:30 PM,
Lucie said…
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for the two of you!!! I can't wait to hear your stories about your trip. And I can't wait to meet your two daughters!
At 7:15 PM,
esther said…
WOW!!! WHAT A SHOCKER!! How absolutely WONDERFUL that you got your referral BEFORE you left...and then you got to see your GIRLS, and hold them, and kiss them.
Oh Lisa, how very, very happy i am for you and Pierre!!!
blessings to your family of 4!!!!
At 7:23 PM,
esther said…
ops, sorry...you got your referral while you were IN Ethiopia!!!
...not a coincidence!!!
congrats again...so happy for you!!
At 6:08 AM,
Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said…
Krista, I would love to go for coffee.. send me a personal email when you have the date and we will try to get together !
As for a timeframe... families usually travel between 4-6 months... so we will only know closer to travel date depending on how fast our paperwork can be processed that is....
We are hoping to maybe have them home by their birthdate in August, we seem to think that this is realistic !
Lisa
At 8:25 AM,
Anonymous said…
My god!!
I'm so happy for you guys! I check your blog on a daily basis congrats on this awesome news!! Can't wait to see pictures of your 2 little darlings!
Annick
Post a Comment
<< Home