Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

February 24, 2007

I'm back and we have two beautiful daugthers !!!

Hi Everyone !!

Sorry for the lack of post since my return but I have been REALLY busy letting all our friends and family know that we finaly have gotten the refferal of two little sisters waiting for us in Ethiopia !

Karelle (Tsega) is 5 months and Marika (Mekdelawit) is 17 months (both born in the month of August !).

What an amazing week it was in Ethiopia as I even got to spend some time with them.... It truly felt like a dream to have them both in my arms.....

I will talk about this more in future post and I also have many many stories and pictures to share about my expedition to Ethiopia ! It was such a wonderful time and to be able to see my girls was just an added bonus !!

Because of the laws with Ethiopian adoptions, it is not possible for us to post pictures of our children on blogs like this one until they are legally ours and that the adoption process is finished. Once we have them home in a few months I will then be able to post all their pictures for you all to enjoy ( and believe me ther are lots and lots !!!)

Thank you for your patience while I get back in my routine and stay tuned for lots of post about my experiences in Ethiopia !

6 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger The Hattons... said…

    We are so thrilled for you and Pierre. What wonderful news for us to be able to enjoy with you. Congratulations to you and your family. Just as we all are so lucky to be parents, your daughters are so lucky to have you for parents. You will be wonderful ... and already are! Your time has come!

    I noticed the amazing timing with the 2nd anniversary of your loss. How amazing things work!

    Love Lyle & Sheri

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Louise said…

    Lisa, I was so excited to hear that you got your referral just in time before you left for your trip. What wonderful timing for you to be able to spend time with your daughters in Ethiopia.
    Louise

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations, Lisa and Pierre! What beautiful babies for such wonderful parents!

    Love, Gina

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…

    This is just the best news that I've heard since I don't know when.
    CONGRADULATIONS to you both. Those two little girls are so blessed to have a family like yours to come to....This is your moment.....and it is so well deserved. All the best. Looking forward to many playdate for years to come.

    Jill & Trevor

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations!!!! We are so happy for you!!! Even though we have never met or talked much...I check your blog daily to see what is happening....was so excited to see that you are going to be the parents of two beautiful daughters!!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    CONGRATS Lisa....WOW....there couldnt have been a better time to get your referral!! YOU HAVE DAUGHTERS.....I'm so excited for you!!! And you have already got to hold them. I bet it was tough to come home without them!! Hope you have a speedy tavel!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home