Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

February 26, 2007

Another post about my girls !!!


Well before I start to talk more about my trip to Ethiopia, I had to post another post about the girls !!!
As you can see I was so excited to post about them that I actually post the same message TWICE... hihihi.... I will keep them both as comments have now been made on both too...hihi....
The pictures above is a picture my friend (Julie, who was with me in Ethiopia) took when I held them for the first time. I thought it was a precious picture and it is as its the only one I will be able to post here of them until we have them home !

Thanks for all the comments, I really enjoy reading them and will be saving them for my girl's life books for them to read when they are older. And of course for those who would like to be at the airport when we arrive, it would mean the world to us to see you all there !
This next little bit really gives me goosebumps still..... when we first found out about the girls and knew how old they were I realized that Marika was born only a week before the due date of our baby that we lost in 2005...... this means that their birth mom was pregnant at the same time as I was......
Also in September of 2005 when Pierre and I first signed our adoption papers, we had looked at each other one night and said' Our children are out there... we have to go get them....." Just writing it gives me chills... as I remember sooo vividly how I could feel that our babies were there and Marika was just a few weeks old....
These little girls were truly destined to be in our family in everyway and holding them in my arms last week, my heart was at peace... They had finaly made their way to my arms ....... I cannot wait until Pierre gets to experience the first meeting with his girls, it will be a great memory !
Having said all this, we just cannot imagine the pain and suffering that has taken place in our little girl's birth family in order for them to have to make such an unselfish decision and release them for adoption... In Ethiopia, the children are soooo valued in their families(having seen it first hand, it is really amazing) that adoption is truly and only a LAST resort....
We will always remember and cherish the gifts that they have given us and hope they will find peace in their hearts as well someday!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Krista Dolan said…

    Ohhhh, Lisa, You've made me cry 2 days in a row!!!
    Did you receive your referrals just before you left?
    Krista

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Ahhh....that post brought some tears to my eyes!! What a sweet picture!! I cannot wait to see them (are you sharing?? I think you have my email address). And if I lived near you I would be at the airport in a heartbeat!!!

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…

    Lisa, you have me crying tears of joy for you again. I know God has had a plan for you all along. How precious your lives will be. I cannot wait to see your family together. We will be there for sure. If your daughter's Ethiopian family could have peace in their hearts, they would sure find it knowing the Mom their girls will receive.Thanks for sharing and touching my heart yet once again.

    Jill

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONGRATULATIONS Lisa & Pierre!!! I am soooo happy for you guys. Thank you so much for sending me pictures of your girls. They seriously are so perfect. I REALLY hope your wait to travel goes quickly so you can hold them in your arms again!

    Lots of Love,
    Lisa (Dallas & Ayana too!)

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Louise said…

    Can't wait to see you come through that gate at the airport. I absolutely love this picture!!
    Congrats once again.
    Louise

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said…

    Krista, we actually received our refferal on Valentine's Day from our province ( I was in Ethiopia !)

    Kim, I was not able to find your email address sorry, I was sure I had it... send it to me at lisagoguen19@yahoo.ca when you have a minute !

    Lisa

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa & Pierre,

    Yeah! The girls are beautiful. I'm here doing a little happy dance for you. I can't wait until you bring them home.
    :)
    ...Susan

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Lesley said…

    Lisa,
    If I could be at the airport I would be! That would be SO incredible.
    Here's to a very fast wait to travel and a sweet reunion with your girls. (As well as Pierre meeting them for the first time..cool!)
    Love Lesley

     

Post a Comment

<< Home