Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

August 15, 2007

Thoughts on returning to Ethiopia !


In my last post I meant to also mention that when my feet first touched the ground at the airport in Addis Ababa when we arrived and that I smelled the familiar smell of Ethiopia, tears ran down my face.....I am unable to describe the emotions that were going through me... it was one of best feelings in the world to know that Pierre & I were finaly in Ethiopia together minutes away from where our girls were sleeping and that when we would leave, we would have our girls in our arms..... It was really sureal and even sharing this with all of you, it still feels like it was all a dream... I could not believe that the time had arrived and that it was truly our turn to bring our daugthers home !!!

When I was going through the security with our luggage, I could see Selamneh (our driver with CAFAC) waving from the other side of the doors to me !!! I was SOOO excited to see him again, he is such a wonderful man ! I was soo glad that he was also finaly able to meet Pierre !

The week leading up to us picking up the girls was very hard... being soo close to them but yet soo far by having to wait still was amazingly worse than I thought it would be....We were very busy with CHOIR and always on the go but the days still seemed to feel like weeks and I never thought that July 26 which was the day we saw the girls for the first time would ever arrive... When going to bed each night, Pierre and I always counted the days that were left until we saw them...

After the home visits with the Kid's Hope program on Saturday, all of us went out for supper at the Crowne Hotel. I had been there in February but it was SOOOO great to go back and experience the traditional food and dance with Pierre. We truly had a great evening and it was soo fun to get to know the group that we were with for the week. They were all wonderful people and we all had a great time together !



5 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger geminirn said…

    Sounds amazing....you can rest assure that it was not a dream,you really are a mommy forever now....and what a beautiful family of four you guys make.

    Congrats.again the girls are adorable!!!!

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…

    I can't get enough. I love hearing about your trip and your emotions of your family meeting. WOW, thanks again for sharing!!

    You really took some GREAT pictures

    See you soon!

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Julie M. said…

    OK....you and Pierre danced? heeee...you will have to tell me about that this weekend! Good job! And I can imagine how hard it must have been being so close to them, but not seeing them. Thanks for always being so honest Lisa, and taking the time to share in your trip!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Krista Dolan said…

    ok,
    Waiting for the installment of Chapter 3.
    A wonderful experience, full of emotion, and excitement. I feel like I'm there too.
    Krista

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Ricki said…

    Thanks for continuing to share....can't wait to read more!
    Ricki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home