Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

August 13, 2007

The start of our adoption trip !

Finaly I have found a few minutes to start writting about our journey !

I will summarize most of it as I am limiting my computer time now that the girls are home as I much rather spend my time with them but hope you will all enjoy it still !

So to begin the first week we were in Ethiopia, we were with CHOIR( the organization that I had went to Ethiopia with in February). We had such an amazing week. Pierre really enjoyed the experience as much as I did both times. The children steal your heart and are sooo amazing....

So this is the start !

Here we are in Moncton when we were leaving...


Here we are with the CHOIR group when we arrived in Addis Ababa on July 20!


On July 21, we brought the 50 children from the Kid's Hope program to visit a children's library. Some of them read in front of the group to the others and they all seemed to have a great time. The library also gave them each a book to bring home, they were all SOOO excited !



In the afternoon of July 21, we also did some home visits again of some of the children's in this same Kid's Hope program. It was again very sad to see how these children are living and some were in danger (either living by themselves and being afraid or being abused). Some steps were taking while we were in Ethiopia to help these children and to bring them in a safer home. Here are a few pictures that we took that afternoon.






7 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Ricki said…

    Ok Lisa, this is like reading a really good book and not being able to put it down...except I have to put it down 'cause I can't read more until you write more...no pressure though, lol! I have become a stalker of your blog lately, haha!
    Anyway, I am really enjoying reading about your trip and I can't blame for spending your time with your daughters as opposed to being on the computer!

    Ricki

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…

    Wow

    I try so hard to take myself there, but you really have to experience it to understand eh? I am so touched just reading about Ethiopia. I cannot wait to experience it. You guys are such an inspiration. Thanks for taking the time for the post~~

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said…

    Reading your blog is getting me SOOO excited to go back! Thanks for taking the time to share about your trip... I think you have alot of people who are anxious to hear about it!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Julie M. said…

    Thanks for the updates Lisa...I know it is hard for you to find time to blog, and noone blames you for rathering (is that a word?) to spend time with the girls. Great pictures, and thanks for sharing!

    Julie

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger geminirn said…

    Thanks for the post...i do find it very unsettleing.....my heart goes out to all these beautiful children...makes a person want to get on the next plane to bring all these littles home...if only it was that easy!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Chatter said…

    Lisa,
    Thanks for the post. Beautifully put but also very sad :(
    Those poor little children. I can't wait to go there but also very nervous. Thanks for taking the time to post :)
    Chandra

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Krista Dolan said…

    I can't wait for chapter 2......
    Ricki is right, it's like a good book you can't put down.

    But your allowed to have writer's block (aka - the girls)!
    :)

    Krista and the girls..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home