Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

August 10, 2007

2 weeks and CBC segment !

Today marks the two week mark since we have the girls ! It feels like they have been with us for soooo much longer... So hard to believe all the things we have done and things we have gotten to know about the girls in that short period of time !

Pierre is back at work and well the girls and I are settling into a great routine during the day ! Marika tells me all day that daddy is at work ,it is soo cute... and my god if you could only see both of their faces when he comes into that door at supper time, its pricless... and then he needs to hold both and they give him kisses and hugs and kisses again and don't want him to let them go, it is sooo cute....

Seeing Pierre with our daugthers in the last two weeks has been amazing. He has sooo much love for them and loves being a dad ! I have fallen in love with my husband all over again and I am soo happy to be making all these first memories of our family together it has been an amazing journey !

I am still trying to find time to post more about the trip...... I only have a few minutes each night and trying to catch up with emails too but will eventually get there soon...Please leave a comment if any of you have any specific questions or things that you would like for me to blog about and I will start with those !

CBC was also here this morning filming the last segment of our adoption story. It aired tonight here in NB but can be watched online I think all week-end so here is how to see it if you would like. The girls enjoyed seeing each other on tv so much tonight when we sat down after supper to watch it, it was too funny !They even managed to catch Marika on video giving Karelle a big hug and kiss too. Some people have told me that it cuts a little before the end of our segment online.....

The website is:
http://www.cbc.ca/nb/

On the right hand side, there is a link under Listen/watch Online and its called:

Watch CBC News at Six

If you click on this link tonight once the show has aired already, you will be able to watch it !

I will leave you all with pictures of daddy with his girls while we were in Ethiopia. The first picture is of the day that Pierre met the girls for the first time (day before gotcha day )and was taken only a few minutes after they were brought into the room to see us.





14 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love the pool picture... was that at Sodiere?

     
  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger Louise said…

    The CBC piece was priceless....Marika was not shy..that's for sure. The girls both looked soo settled at home! Like I said on the board..they kept previewing the piece...and I kept thinking Okay its coming on...but it didn't air till the end of the show. Like an award show...they save the best for last!!!
    Louise

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful. You'll have to go to Please Mum and get the shirts I got for Lucy and Lisa. They say "Owl Always Love My Daddy" and of course it's a picture of a Daddy Owl and a Baby Owl. I see a photo op there!! They are way too cute, just like your little girls!!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I missed it on TV and the online broadcasts cuts short :(

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah ben trop cute!!! Ca fait chaud au coeur de vous voir si heureux!! Enjoy every minute! :) As I'm sure you are!!

    Diane :)
    xox

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    It was great to see the CBC story online. You all look so happy together.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger geminirn said…

    AWWWWWWW!How adorable!Congrats again guys they are simply to precious!

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Blogger Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said…

    Yes the picture of the pool was Sodere hot springs !

    The girls loved to put on their bathing suit and loved the water... I will post more about that sometimes too !

    Lisa

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…

    Hey Guys,

    I'm just catching up now. Will go on-line and see your family segment..can't wait!!!
    I love hearing you write about your family Lisa, you give me goosebumps every time.
    Marika and Karelle are sooo sweet. I can't wait to see them again.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Les Boudreau said…

    Your 2 girls are so beautiful!
    Congratulations.
    Enjoy them they grow up too fast.

    Monique, mom to 2 China girls
    www.boudreaumonique.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Julie M. said…

    Those are really cute pic's Lisa! And I love reading about the deep bond Pierre & the girls already have together! He seems like such an amazing daddy (as do you an amazing mommy).

    Julie

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger esther said…

    lisa!!!

    welcome home :) your girls are adorable, they look so happy, and content. that is so awesome!!!

    love the pics!!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger The Turgeon Expansion said…

    Lisa, can you still watch it online? I tried to check it out....but it looks like you can only do that day's broadcast???

    Rhonda

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said…

    Great pics Lisa! I checked out the online broadcast.... had the volume on super loud, so that I would know when your part came on.... When it finally did, I ran upstairs, and was SO dissapointed when it got cut off partway through.... Anyway...I loved the part that I did see!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home