Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

July 16, 2007

Thoughts on these last few days before travel.....

A question that I am being asked a lot these days is what are you feeling and how are you sleeping being this excited ???

I thought before I leave that I would try to put down in words the feeling that I am experiencing during these last few days to travel.....

Well I can truly say that this has been an amazing journey and to be at the end of it sometimes feels soo sureal. We have both been sleeping well but wake up in the morning not really rested so I'm thinking that my brain is not taking any breaks.... However everything is done, we have said good bye to many and have done all the last minute things so all that is left is to board the plane tommorow morning !

Of course I think about the girls EVERY few minutes.. wondering how they are doing and if they can feel that we will soon be with them....I can't wait to see how the girls will adjust and also can't wait to see what they will think of coming with us outside of the foster home.... I am SOOOO anxious to see how much they have changed !!!!!

I make sure to take a few minutes each day to just BREATH and enjoy the feelings that we are feeling this week as we will not feel them again... Well I guess maybe when we adopt again but it won't be the same children...so I'm taking time to ENJOY the feelings...

Getting confirmation that our Visa for the girls have been issued this week was SUCH a blessing as well... It’s the last piece of the puzzle, what we have been waiting to hear about....

I feel so blessed right now to be travelling with the person I love the most in the world, to a country that I have fallen in love with many times over to bring our two daugthers into our home and lives !!!!

I can't wait to walk through those doors at the airport to see our friends and families and for the first time in almost 2 years, I will be able to breath with ease and know that our girls are HOME !!!

13 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger DEBRA said…

    I'll be thinking of you.....

    Debbie

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Brightlight said…

    Beautifully put... brought tears to my eyes... I will be thinking of you and your family in the coming days. Safe travels... Gloria

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger geminirn said…

    Safe and happy travels.Hope everything goes smoothly.

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    we are soooo excited for you!!!! Enjoy your trip and we hope to see you soon!

    Carolyn and Adam

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Julie M. said…

    thanks for sharing your feelings Lisa, and we will be thinking of you every day you are gone. I can't wait to see you either in the airport! Have a GREAT trip!

    Julie

     
  • At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best wishes for a wonderful trip!!

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…

    Lisa & Pierre

    I know you will enjoy every minute of what is about to happen in your lives. Take a moment each day to just close your eyes and take a "piece of that moment" with you for the rest of your days ahead.
    Trevor and I are happy beyond words for you and your girls. Can't wait to see your family together..Hugs to you all!!

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger Ricki said…

    I'm soo happy for you! Can't wait to hear all about how the girls are doing and to see some pictures!

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are so happy for you and Pierre. We will certainly be thinking of you. I can't wait for the gathering next summer so we can meet your girls.

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wish I didn't live halfway across the country so I could be in that crowd at the airport too. :) Have a wonderful time...

    june

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Mom 2 six said…

    Safe travels !!
    I am so excited for you !

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger The Hattons... said…

    Counting down ... and looking forward to all your tears and smiles.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said…

    have an amazing trip....I'll be thinking about you guys every day... I have goosebumps right now, just knowing exactly how you're feeling right now. I too wish I could be there at the airport to welcome your beautiful family HOME!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home