Our Adoption Journey to Ethiopia !

This website was created in order to be able to share our adoption journey to Ethiopia with our friends and family!
CHERISH yesterday, LIVE for today and DREAM of tommorow!

May 14, 2007

A Mother's Day suprise !!!






Well yesterday I got up and thought I would make the most of my day ! I had the day off with Pierre and we were going to spend the whole day together and I wanted to see my mom, other than that I wanted to think of Marika and Karelle ALL DAY !


So we got up and went to breakfast with my parents which was really fun !!! We lead really busy lives so it was great to just relax with them and talk for a while and not be rushed !!


After this my mom was like Oh I forgot your Mother's Day card at home, so since she lives really close to the restaurant where we were, we were like oh well we will go to your place after to pick it up !


So that is how I was SUPRISED !!!! I am never suprised as I love to organize everything hahaha !! But My mom and dad (THANKS MOM AND DAD) had invited our family over to celebrate my first Mother's Day, I thought it was really special and really nice of everyone to come on this day that is usually really busy to begin with!


There were lots of food and people that I had not seen in a long time as well. We had our albums of my trip and of the girls of course and we all watched my videos from Ethiopia together it was really fun ! Thanks to everyone that made it from near and far and for the gifts as well !


So I did think of Marika and Karelle all day. Pierre and I always find everyday really hard knowing they are there and cannot be here with us for these special things but we always go to bed at night thinking of all the things that we WILL do together and get to experience as a family and we know that it will all be worth this wait !



My mom bought really nice little rings for Marika and Karelle .....

9 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Ahhh.....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Lisa!! What a specaial day you had yesterday!! Just think next year will be the BEST for both of us!! Cant wait to see those pictures!!

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How wonderful!! What a great day indeed!!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy first Mother's Day, Lisa!

    You are already such a great mom - it's obvious that you love your girls so much. Here's a toast to your first year as a mommmy, including the day you bring them home!

    Cheers!
    Nicky

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Isabelle Boudreau said…

    That is wonderful Lisa!! What a great surprise!! I bet that made your day so much more special! It's nice to have all that support from our families! I'm sure the girls will love the beautiful little rings!! Wow how cute!!
    Isabelle

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lisa
    That was so sweet of your parents to surprise you that way. They are so awesome, I'm sure they are proud grandparents already.
    Happy mother's day.
    Love Carole B
    xox

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger geminirn said…

    What a great surprise!The little rings are beautiful!What thoughtful parents you have,glad you both enjoyed such a special day.

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa,

    I know I don't write a lot, but I check your blog almost every day. I love reading about how you are and what you're feeling.

    I thought that mother's day surprise was wonderful. It looks like everyone is very excited for you.

    I am too!! Hope the wait is over VERY soon! Diane xoxoxo

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Pierre & Julie for helping us keep it a surprise for Lisa, and Pierre, for going back home to get your video and pictures. Everyone just loved it even if we were all in tears at the end of the video. Marika and Karelle will soon be with us for our next gathering. Can't wait. Love you, Mom & Dad..

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Mom to Kayli and Mya said…

    I have goosebumps!! What a wonderful surprise for you!

    I love the matching rings for the girls....beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home