Thinking of my girls....
Well I thought I would write a post about my feelings lately..... its been 76 days since I have seen Marika and Karelle last and somedays it feels like its been years....
There is not one minute of the day when I don't think about them or wonder if they are playing, eating, sleeping or dreaming..... I still picture Marika smiling at me with her big smile and still feel her arms around me giving me hugs and kisses....I also still picture Karelle looking at me with her big brown eyes and being so content in my arms.... it brings tears to my eyes everytime !
Somedays I have hope that Pierre and I will soon be on our way to Ethiopia to be with them and somedays it feels so sureal that I have to remind myself that it will really happen and that we are almost there....
During refferal wait, I could not possibly believe that the post-refferal wait would be harder but I have been proven wrong... what was bad got even worse... I am more emotional, more anxious, more worried and SOOO MUCH MORE EXCITED as well....
But like when we received our refferal, when I get to hold my girls again, I know that this wait will vanish and that it will have been worth every waiting minute....
I often send lots of hugs and kisses to the girls and hope they receive them and that they can feel that we will soo be there with them !
There is not one minute of the day when I don't think about them or wonder if they are playing, eating, sleeping or dreaming..... I still picture Marika smiling at me with her big smile and still feel her arms around me giving me hugs and kisses....I also still picture Karelle looking at me with her big brown eyes and being so content in my arms.... it brings tears to my eyes everytime !
Somedays I have hope that Pierre and I will soon be on our way to Ethiopia to be with them and somedays it feels so sureal that I have to remind myself that it will really happen and that we are almost there....
During refferal wait, I could not possibly believe that the post-refferal wait would be harder but I have been proven wrong... what was bad got even worse... I am more emotional, more anxious, more worried and SOOO MUCH MORE EXCITED as well....
But like when we received our refferal, when I get to hold my girls again, I know that this wait will vanish and that it will have been worth every waiting minute....
I often send lots of hugs and kisses to the girls and hope they receive them and that they can feel that we will soo be there with them !
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

13 Comments:
At 9:26 PM,
esther said…
lisa, i've been wondering how you've been doing... it was good to hear your thoughts.
i can't imagine...but i wish them home for you too :)
oxoxo
At 10:49 PM,
Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said…
Hang in there Lisa!! Hopefully it won't be too much longer. It's so hard waiting hey?
At 5:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Lisa,
I know how hard this part of the wait is. Prayers coming your way for courage and peace.
...Susan
At 9:45 AM,
Anonymous said…
This has to be so hard for you, already knowing the girls and having to leave them.
It will be such a wonderful time when you and Pierre get to travel. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be SOON.
Nicky
At 3:37 PM,
Anonymous said…
I am thinking of you and your girls and pray every night for them to come home soon! Just think how much fun this Christmas is going to be for you guys....I am so excited for you!
Ricki
At 6:08 PM,
Mom to Kayli and Mya said…
Hang in there Lisa! It must be so hard to of held them and know that feeling and then have to leave them behind...
I pray you will hear SOON when you will be going to pick up your 2 precious daughters.
Hugs,
Carrie
At 3:50 AM,
Louise said…
Hey Lisa
I know making your way through this wait is so difficult. I am thinking of you, Pierre and the girls lots! Sending some good vibes your way!!
Louise
At 9:07 AM,
Lesley said…
Hi Lisa,
I agree with the other comments...hoping for a quick travel date, for smooth processing of papers,for peace and lack of stress for you. It is hard to wait. Not too much longer now my friend...thinking of you so often :)
Lesley
At 11:01 AM,
Mom 2 six said…
Oh I hope you can hold and bring them home soon !
At 11:40 AM,
Krista Dolan said…
Hi Lisa!!!
I've been thinking of you (even away on vacation)!
I hope that you'll be travelling soon!!
Krista
At 1:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
OH Lisa,it shouldn't be to much longer...your almost there.
At 2:23 PM,
Tao's Mommy said…
I hear ya!!! But I imagine its harder on you since you have already held them....I just have a picture!!!
Hang in there....soon we will be on that JET plane!!
At 6:38 PM,
Chatter said…
Lisa,
Your post brought tears to my eyes. I hope they are in your arms soon!!
Chandra
Post a Comment
<< Home