Welcome Home Burke Family !!!
Well yesterday was quite an emotionnal day. A family from our Maritime group (and our great friends) arrived home from Ethiopia yesterday with their daugther and son (Kallie and Kaleb) and I was able to be at their arrival at the airport in Halifax !
Four of us adoptive moms drove to Halifax yesterday morning to be there to welcome them home and of course there were no dry eyes around ! The Burke's had four chidren waiting for them to come home and were VERY VERY excited to see their new siblings for the first time. It was really amazing to take part in their home coming. I was able to get all of it on video for them as well.
I have not verifed with them if I could post the pictures on our blog so unfortunatly I will not share pictures today but I assume that for the families that are home already or the families that will experience home coming can only imagine how wonderful an experience this was ! It was the first time I got to see a family arrive like that and everyone kept saying that next time we would be welcoming a family home from our Maritme group it would be us !
How exciting !!! Welcome home again Burke Family !!! It was so neat to see their whole family finaly together ! We can't wait to see you all at the gatherings this summer !
Four of us adoptive moms drove to Halifax yesterday morning to be there to welcome them home and of course there were no dry eyes around ! The Burke's had four chidren waiting for them to come home and were VERY VERY excited to see their new siblings for the first time. It was really amazing to take part in their home coming. I was able to get all of it on video for them as well.
I have not verifed with them if I could post the pictures on our blog so unfortunatly I will not share pictures today but I assume that for the families that are home already or the families that will experience home coming can only imagine how wonderful an experience this was ! It was the first time I got to see a family arrive like that and everyone kept saying that next time we would be welcoming a family home from our Maritme group it would be us !
How exciting !!! Welcome home again Burke Family !!! It was so neat to see their whole family finaly together ! We can't wait to see you all at the gatherings this summer !
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

7 Comments:
At 9:24 AM,
Anonymous said…
That's so awesome that you guys were there! I bet it was amazing!!!!
Send along my congrats!
Sandi
At 4:07 PM,
Louise said…
Oh my gosh...no dry eyes would have to be the understatement of the year...yes there was much bawling all around. It was an amazing experience...and the drive there and the night before was made all the better by being in the company of us four adoptive moms-to-be!
Welcome home Dawn and Gerald!
Louise
At 6:17 PM,
Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said…
I agree Louise, the talks and things shared between the four of us and their arrival is not something that will soon be forgotten !
I'm really glad that we are all there for each other, this week definetly brought us all closer together !
Lisa
At 1:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad to hear you went down to welcome them home!! I'll give Dawn a little while before I e-mail her asking her all about her trip. I thought of them often!!
At 7:37 PM,
Anonymous said…
sounds amazing...what an incredible experience that would have been. sounds like everyone had a awesome time of bonding. Can't wait to experience some of that for myself.
god Bless all of you...don't know the Burke family, but glad their home.
At 7:52 PM,
Anonymous said…
It is truly an amazing experience isn't it!!!!!!soon we will all be there welcoming you guys all home.
At 8:35 PM,
esther said…
how cool!!!
we've got friends close to home that got a referral about 2 weeks ago...i'm looking forward to experiencing their family, "welcome home" too!!
~tee, hee...
WELCOME HOME BURKE FAMILY!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home