Weygoss Guesthouse
I wanted to share a few things about the Weygoss guest house ! The staff at the guest house were AMAZING to say the least. They were always willing to help you with anything that you needed and the women at the front desk became fast friends with us.
The rooms were really clean and smelled really nice. Julie and I shared a room, in the picture our beds aren't made sorry but its the only picture we took inside our room that I have to share ! There were windows (some room had balconies as well) so at night we could open our window and sleep with a breeze going throught the room. It gets a lot colder at night in Addis so it was a nice breeze.
Everyday you would leave your key at the front desk and the rooms would then all be cleaned and our beds made and new towels for us by the time we got back that night.
They also have little beds(crib style) like in the foster home available for the babies to sleep in.
The water pressure sometimes was not that great that's the only thing and when everyone was taking showers in the morning at the same time there was not enough hot water... Julie and I started washing at night after a few days and we had plenty of hot water and pressure so that worked great for us !
With your stay at the Weygoss, you have a free breakfast that is included with your rooms. So when you come in at night, we would book the time that we would like to have breakfast ready the next morning with the front desk. Its one cook that does all the breakfasts, she is really good at having it all ready on time. The choice was either pancakes (which were awsome), boiled eggs (didn't have this), omelettes (which was also great) served with toast and tea or coffee.. You can also get juice which we got most morning and I think it cost like $1 or so.....
The laundry is also really fast. You bring your clothes to the front desk and they are washed, ironed and ready in a platic bag for you the next day. We had brought enough clothes as we did not know we could wash that fast so we did not need to use it this time but with the baby clothes next time its nice to know so that we won't have to overpack !
There is also internet at the guest house which is always available. However for us that are used to high speed, it was VERY VERY slow.... It took me about 30 minutes one time to send ONE email to my husband from the guest house. There is a spot not too far from the guest house that has internet cafes with high speed for those that aren't too patient !
There are also guards 24/7 that open and shut the gates when you leave and arrive at the guest house. They are very nice and always helpful to bring our bags up or down from our rooms when we arrived and left. These guards only make a few US dollar a week of what we were told. So whenever we went out to supper and had left overs, we all had them packaged and we brought them back to the guards for them to enjoy !! They were always VERY pleased that we did this and enjoyed seeing us coming in with food for them.. So I thought I would share this for families that will travel in case you have leftovers !
There is also a patio on the top floor of the guesthouse.. There is a few suites on this top floor as well. It really nice to go there at night... We could see part of the city from there. Unfortunatly I never had my camera when we were up there so I don't have any pictures !
I really look forward to staying there again when we pick up the girls. The woman at the desk know that we will return and were excited that we would have our children by then ! It will be neat to see them again if they are still working there !
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

5 Comments:
At 12:05 PM,
Anonymous said…
Lisa,
I am getting excited about when I go just looking at your photos...(Unmade bed and all).
Louise
At 2:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
the guesthouse looks beautiful!!!
this is great lisa, thanks for sharing your experience with us!!!
At 7:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Lisa,
I love reading your posts...everytime I read one I eagerly await the next!!! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip...and the pictures and video are great too!
At 5:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing.The guesthouse looks very nice,can't wait for more updates.
Saint John,Nb
At 5:58 PM,
Anonymous said…
Thanks for such a detailed and wonderful account of your trip, Lisa! I feel like I was there with you! I look forward to reading more!
Gina
Post a Comment
<< Home