Addis Ababa Airport !
Ok so here is the Aiport in Addis Ababa... It was beautiful !
Landing in Ethiopia, we really felt light headed from the altitude change. We had a hard time walking even just coming off the plane, it was really funny....
As a group, we had decided to get our Visa directly at the airport when we arrived so this is the first thing you need to do when you get off the plane. The line was pretty long, it took us a little over a hour to get through the Visa office...
Then we went over to pick up ALL of our luggages... we were really excited as none of the luggage in our group was lost.
Once you have picked up your luggage, you have to go through a security check point to get out of the airport... so we all did. They stopped just a few people of our group and asked to check their luggage and things like that but we all got through fine with all the donations so we were really excited about that...
Then you come through some other doors and this is where we met Selamneh for the first time. It was really exciting to finaly meet him in person after having heard sooo much about him!. He helped us with our bags to get to his taxi! I will post more about Selamneh in another post !
Coming out of the airport there its hard to explain how I felt.. It was the first time that I looked around and thought "Wow I am in my children's birth country FINALY" It was a great feeling and I will always remember the first time I smelled Ethiopia coming out of the airport. It smelled fresh and welcoming and nothing like I had ever smelled before. This is a smell I will never forget !
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

3 Comments:
At 6:10 AM,
Louise said…
Bring on more videos....love it! That airport is amazing...not at all what I was expecting!! Which one is Nathalie?
At 6:11 AM,
Anonymous said…
I am enjoying reading about your trip. Keep the posts coming!! Thanks so much for sharing the experience!
At 11:06 AM,
Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…
Loving it...loving it!!!! Thanks so much for sharing about your trip. We are all so excited to hear more. The airport is really nice. I can't wait to smell that smell you talk about. What an experience!!
Post a Comment
<< Home