Things I brought back from Ethiopia part 3
Here are more pictures of other things I brought back from Ethiopia...

This is a hand made, handbag with the matchint woven scarve

I'm not sure what this is called, but Ethiopians use it to put bread (or injera) in it to serve others
.JPG)
Here is another wood carving of giraffes

And here is a picture of a BIRR... this is the Ethiopian money... with the exchange when we were in Ethiopia, about 7 of these would equal 1 US dollar....
This is a hand made, handbag with the matchint woven scarve
I'm not sure what this is called, but Ethiopians use it to put bread (or injera) in it to serve others
Here is another wood carving of giraffes
And here is a picture of a BIRR... this is the Ethiopian money... with the exchange when we were in Ethiopia, about 7 of these would equal 1 US dollar....
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

5 Comments:
At 7:47 AM,
Amy B. said…
Your bag and scarf are beautiful.I love the colors. It looks like you were able to bring back some really neat stuff (and you can get more when you go back for the girls). It will be great that your girls will be surrounded by things that are part of their Ethiopian culture. I have lots of things from Africa from when I was a child and plan on getting many more things when we go to Ethiopia for our baby. Amy
At 7:59 AM,
Tao's Mommy said…
I was thinking how you would be able to fit all this in your suitcase, but I then remembered you took lots of stuff down there to leave......you bought some gorgeous things Lisa and it will be special to your girls to have thier birth culture knick-knacks around your house!!
At 9:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
I love the bag and scarf..the colors are beautiful!!!
Everything you bought is so beautiful!
Care
At 6:02 PM,
geminirn said…
LOVE the bag and scarf......actually i love it all.
At 6:59 PM,
esther said…
you've got some great finds, lisa. i love seeing what you were all able to pack into a suitcase, VERY encouraging!!! everything is soooooooooo beautiful!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home