Things I brought back from Ethiopia Part 1
While on a Humanitarian trip, we did not have much time for shopping... but one afteroon we were able to go into a few shops and buy things to bring home....
Selamneh brought us to a shop that I guess they bring lots of the adoptive families too and we did not need to barter here as they were given us the best deals as we were a large group ! So we had helpers making sure all of our stuff went to the same pile and they would help us choose our merchandise, it was lots of fun...
I bought an Ethiopian dress (and I also bought and Ethiopian shirt for Pierre too. Here I am trying on the dress at the shop...

What I like the most out of my findings were the handmade traditionnal Ethiopian dresses that I was able to get for the girls. We cannot wait to see them wearing them !
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)

I also bought them these little Ethiopian outfits. They are for boys in Ethiopia but I still thought they would be cute on the girls even just wearing the top with jeans sometime...
.JPG)
.JPG)
I also found them each a beautiful Ethiopian doll....
.JPG)
I'll be posting lots more of the stuff I was able to bring back in next posts... just have to upload more of the pictures now....
Selamneh brought us to a shop that I guess they bring lots of the adoptive families too and we did not need to barter here as they were given us the best deals as we were a large group ! So we had helpers making sure all of our stuff went to the same pile and they would help us choose our merchandise, it was lots of fun...
I bought an Ethiopian dress (and I also bought and Ethiopian shirt for Pierre too. Here I am trying on the dress at the shop...
What I like the most out of my findings were the handmade traditionnal Ethiopian dresses that I was able to get for the girls. We cannot wait to see them wearing them !
I also bought them these little Ethiopian outfits. They are for boys in Ethiopia but I still thought they would be cute on the girls even just wearing the top with jeans sometime...
I also found them each a beautiful Ethiopian doll....
I'll be posting lots more of the stuff I was able to bring back in next posts... just have to upload more of the pictures now....
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

7 Comments:
At 11:31 PM,
Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said…
Isn't their traditional clothing so beautiful? I love it.... I'm so glad we're going back, because we were there during unrest & we weren't able to do much shopping either. I love those dolls....I'd like to get a couple too!
Lisa
At 3:07 AM,
Anonymous said…
I love all the pictures on your post. I'm sure your girls will too when they get older.
Nemo & Nema's mom
At 4:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
Beautiful stuff! The girls will look so pretty with their new outfits and holding their dolls. I can't wait to see that picture posted here!!!
At 4:40 PM,
geminirn said…
Oh i love all the clothing...can't wait to see your little sweeties in their outfits.Don't get me wrong our hearts are of course in China right now,however it is always a pleasure to open up your blog and hear all about something other than China(it is a nice change)
Dianne
Saint John,NB
At 4:35 AM,
Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…
Lisa, the first thing I do to start my day in my office is log in and check for updates on your blog. You always give me a warm, fuzzy feeling with your writings and pictures and today, seeing your girls dresses....well, I'm a ruined sap till at least noon.
At 7:54 AM,
Tao's Mommy said…
OMG Lisa....those clothes are absolutley beautiful!! I cannot wait to see your sweet beautiful girls wearing them....WOW!!
At 9:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
WOW! What beautiful clothing!! I cant wait to see your girls in them too...
Carrie
Post a Comment
<< Home