Julie is expecting too!
I wanted to mention this on my post this morning and thought that instead I would write a post especially for this !
Julie (who came with me to Ethiopia and was my guest blogger today) and I met at an adoption seminar in July of 2005.... We have both been working at the Royal Bank for over 5 years at that time(700 employees) and did not know each other by name but had seen each other before....
We said hi that night at the seminar and that was it..... I emailed her a few weeks after at work and we said hi and talked once in a while.. I shared when we started our adoption from Ethiopia and she was excited for us ! Who would have ever thought that we would become the friends we are today, right Julie !!! Our paths were meant to cross, we tell each other this everyday....
So Julie has been through everything with me with this adoption knowing that one day her and Trevor would adopt as well... They were thinking of adopting from China, however they were not 30 years old... so they had not made a country choice yet... until she came to Ethiopia with me.... Ethiopia stole her heart and as she has explained to me and I know exactly what she means but being in Ethiopia she could feel that her child was waiting for her there.... I also thought that Pierre and I might someday adopt from another country.... however being in Ethiopia, I felt the same as knowing that we have more children in Ethiopia as well and that this is where we will be adopting from again if we are lucky enough to be able to in a few years !
Upon our return from Ethiopia, Julie and Trevor started their Ethiopian adoption !!!! I was and still am SOOOOOO excited for them and that she will finaly be a mom too !!!! I cannot wait to follow their journey to their child and it is amazing to me that our girls will be so fortunate as to have their family in their lives ! A family built just like ours !
Julie tells me now that there was a reason why we met a few years ago and a reason why we needed to go on this trip... I also believe that.... and it has both changed our lives forever !
Congratulations again guys !!! We are SOOO thrilled and cannot wait to celebrate each little milestones just like you did with us !!!!
Julie (who came with me to Ethiopia and was my guest blogger today) and I met at an adoption seminar in July of 2005.... We have both been working at the Royal Bank for over 5 years at that time(700 employees) and did not know each other by name but had seen each other before....
We said hi that night at the seminar and that was it..... I emailed her a few weeks after at work and we said hi and talked once in a while.. I shared when we started our adoption from Ethiopia and she was excited for us ! Who would have ever thought that we would become the friends we are today, right Julie !!! Our paths were meant to cross, we tell each other this everyday....
So Julie has been through everything with me with this adoption knowing that one day her and Trevor would adopt as well... They were thinking of adopting from China, however they were not 30 years old... so they had not made a country choice yet... until she came to Ethiopia with me.... Ethiopia stole her heart and as she has explained to me and I know exactly what she means but being in Ethiopia she could feel that her child was waiting for her there.... I also thought that Pierre and I might someday adopt from another country.... however being in Ethiopia, I felt the same as knowing that we have more children in Ethiopia as well and that this is where we will be adopting from again if we are lucky enough to be able to in a few years !
Upon our return from Ethiopia, Julie and Trevor started their Ethiopian adoption !!!! I was and still am SOOOOOO excited for them and that she will finaly be a mom too !!!! I cannot wait to follow their journey to their child and it is amazing to me that our girls will be so fortunate as to have their family in their lives ! A family built just like ours !
Julie tells me now that there was a reason why we met a few years ago and a reason why we needed to go on this trip... I also believe that.... and it has both changed our lives forever !
Congratulations again guys !!! We are SOOO thrilled and cannot wait to celebrate each little milestones just like you did with us !!!!
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

8 Comments:
At 5:14 AM,
Anonymous said…
Congrats to Julie! David and I have a similar story as to how we ended up in China. Gosh I can't wait to meet you face to face so we can chat about all our wonderful experiences!!!
At 8:24 AM,
Anonymous said…
YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!*C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!!!!Julie and Trevor,how exciting.
Hope things start to move right along,so everyone can have these beautiful babies home,where they belong.
At 1:58 PM,
Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said…
Congratulations Julie! You will be so happy to bring an Ethiopian child into your family! You're lucky that you've already been to Ethiopia & now you know how wonderful all those kids are.
Good luck in your process!
At 8:09 PM,
Mom 2 six said…
What a lovely story. Yes- things can happen for a reason.
How exciting !!
At 3:15 PM,
Mom to Kayli and Mya said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Julie and Trevor!!
It is amazing how things happen for a reason.
I am so excited for you all!
Carrie
At 3:59 AM,
Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…
Julie
I don't know you yet...but I saw the pictures of you with the children in Ethiopia and it was not hard tell that is where you heart is. It's funny where your life takes you but the world just got a better place for a little person that will have you for a Mommy. Congradulations and all the best to you and Trevor
At 7:07 AM,
Anonymous said…
Thank you everyone for your nice comments. My husband and I are pretty excited as this will be our first child. CANT WAIT!
Julie
At 2:33 PM,
Tao's Mommy said…
CONGRATS Julie....how amazing!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home