Penale

Yesterday I received an updated photo of our Ethiopian sponsor child and thought I would post about her today….We started sponsoring Penale last year when we started our adoption journey ! We have received many letters from her that have been translated and I always look forward to seeing them. She often colors pictures on the letters which are so precious.
I am really excited as I am currently making plans to spend time with Penale and her family when I travel to Ethiopia in February. It will be fun to see where she lives and to meet her and her family. I am hoping that I will be able to take pictures and videos as well to help me remember the visit in the years to come and to share on our blog.
I have spoken with another family that have visited their sponsor child when they were in Ethiopia and they said it was a really neat experience so I am looking forward to it.
We are sponsoring Penale through Compassion Canada. They have been wonderful since the beginning. Our sponsorship helps Penale attend school, provides her with medical/health care and supplemental nutrition. It also let's her take part in programs that develops life and social skills.
There are many organizations with which it is possible to sponsor Ethiopian children. Here are some of them and their websites:
Compassion Canada ($35 a month)
http://www.compassion.ca/sponsorachild/index.asp
CHOIR (which is the company that I am going to Ethiopia with in February) ($30 a month)
http://www.canadianhumanitarian.com/sponsorachild.html
AHOPE (which is an orphanage for HIV+ children in Ethiopia) ($30 a month)
http://www.ahopeforchildren.org/donationform.html
World Vision ($35 a month)
http://www2.worldvision.ca/sponsorship/app?service=page/Child
Foster Parent Plan ($33 month)
http://www.fosterparentsplan.ca/
I have a close friend that recently shared with me that her and her husband will be sponsoring a child instead of buying each other Christmas gifts this year. I think that is a beautiful thing to do!!
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

1 Comments:
At 12:56 PM,
esther said…
Sponsoring a child is such a great thing to do!! About 5 yrs ago we starting sponsoring a little girl from Haiti, with Compassion Canada as well. Just for interest sake... Compassion actually uses 80% of your $$, to go directly to your child. Not many organizations have that claim to fame.
Penale is adorable!!! Visiting her will be AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home