I am going to Ethiopia in 94 days !
I am truly excited to announce that I will be travelling to Ethiopia for 10 days in February with a friend to do humanitarian work with the children through CHOIR (Canadian Humanitarian Organization for International Releif). I am soooo excited as we leave in 94 days….. That is if we do not get our refferal this month and end up travelling to bring our babies home in February…..
So sorry that I didn't do this post before but I have been soo busy getting ready for last week's market and the other 4 fundraiser events that we have going on this month and for December that I am only posting about it now….
My friend Julie and I (she is in the picture with me in the last post) have always wanted to go and volunteer our time and do humanitarian work but we never thought we would be able to do it so soon and at the same time…. We feel very lucky to have this chance and that we can go with such a great organization. We decided to go now since we both don't have children at this point and are scared that it will not be possible for us to go on this type of expedition and to arrange for all this once we both have children. It will be an experience of a lifetime and I'm greatful to be able to share it with someone like Julie. She has helped me so much with all the fundraisers that we have planned and is always willing to do more… Thanks again Julie for everthing !
If you would like to see all that CHOIR is doing for children around the world, check out their website at
http://www.canadianhumanitarian.com/aboutus.html
With money from previous fundraisers, we have recently sent $1000 to CHOIR in order to sponsor a school for ophaned children that has been put in place by CHOIR. This school has 150 students. It will be neat to be able to visit and possibly work on the projects that we are sending money for through our fundraising when we are in Ethiopia.
I will keep posting updates about our upcoming expedition and fundraising events that we will have in the next little while !
Here is a quote that I have found that I think fits right here !!!
Some people see life the way it is and ask, why!" "Others see life the way it could be and ask, why not!"
So sorry that I didn't do this post before but I have been soo busy getting ready for last week's market and the other 4 fundraiser events that we have going on this month and for December that I am only posting about it now….
My friend Julie and I (she is in the picture with me in the last post) have always wanted to go and volunteer our time and do humanitarian work but we never thought we would be able to do it so soon and at the same time…. We feel very lucky to have this chance and that we can go with such a great organization. We decided to go now since we both don't have children at this point and are scared that it will not be possible for us to go on this type of expedition and to arrange for all this once we both have children. It will be an experience of a lifetime and I'm greatful to be able to share it with someone like Julie. She has helped me so much with all the fundraisers that we have planned and is always willing to do more… Thanks again Julie for everthing !
If you would like to see all that CHOIR is doing for children around the world, check out their website at
http://www.canadianhumanitarian.com/aboutus.html
With money from previous fundraisers, we have recently sent $1000 to CHOIR in order to sponsor a school for ophaned children that has been put in place by CHOIR. This school has 150 students. It will be neat to be able to visit and possibly work on the projects that we are sending money for through our fundraising when we are in Ethiopia.
I will keep posting updates about our upcoming expedition and fundraising events that we will have in the next little while !
Here is a quote that I have found that I think fits right here !!!
Some people see life the way it is and ask, why!" "Others see life the way it could be and ask, why not!"
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

1 Comments:
At 7:21 AM,
Tao's Mommy said…
That will be one AMAZING trip....I cant wait to hear more about it!!
Keep us posted!!
Post a Comment
<< Home