Our arrival home !

So we are on the plane..... Marika is still sleeping on my laps and I still can't believe that the day has arrived that we will soon be landing 2 minutes from our house and see all of our friends and family.. It felt like I was dreaming..... Marika was snoring when we landed and didn't even blink... Karelle was also not waking up even when everyone was getting off the plane....
My knees were weak, we were standing there with both girls sleeping in our arms... Berthe handing all the carry ons (sight to see)..... and trying to figure out who was going to go out first... Pierre did and well I will never forget the feeling of hearing all the familiar voices and many hugs and tears that happened and the signs that were made in our honor for us to save for the girls, the balloons.. it was truly one of those moments that are engraved in your memory for life..... We feel soo blessed to have such supporting friends and family and soo many people in our lives that were kind enough to be at the airport late on a Saturday night to welcome us home..... No one will ever know how much it meant to us to see everyone there....
After almost 700 days, we were home... our girls were with us and life just felt perfect....


Karelle NEVER woke up through the whole thing and was sooo confortably sleeping in daddy's arms...

Marika took a few minutes to wake up and needed to pee, so we went to the bathroom and then she was having a party with all the balloons and eating a sucker and even laughing and giggling... what a trooper... I was sure she would be anxious with all the people around but she was not at all ! She loves to get attention so she seemed happy that everyone was watching her play with her ballons and taking pictures as she loves cameras !






It was the greatest feeling that night to arrive home and to see the girls sleeping peacefully in their cribs in OUR home...... such emotions, such joy we were feeling...hard to describe in words....
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

16 Comments:
At 8:47 PM,
Ricki said…
Lisa,
it sounds absolutely amazing! I can hardly wait to experience it with our little ones!
What you described there just confirmed that I so want a welcoming party at the airport! To see and hear everyone there welcoming us and our children home will be absolutely incredible. For now, I'm just living it through you!
At 1:18 AM,
Erin said…
They are just sooooo cute! I hope we all do get to meet sometime in the future, because I can just tell that Ayana, Moses, Marika and Karelle would get along so well.. it seems like they all have such crazy personalities!
We have the same safari crib set for Moses by the way :D
~Erin~
At 3:12 AM,
Louise said…
Oh Lisa
Looking at those pictures of the girls in their cribs gives me shivers.
Louise
At 6:59 AM,
Anonymous said…
Wow, it's emotional for me just reading it! There is nothing like reaching your final destination...home with your babies. Beautiful pictures and beautiful memories.
At 7:22 AM,
Julie M. said…
What an amazing feeling that must have been Lisa, to finally have them home in their beds. We are all so happy for all of you!
At 11:02 AM,
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful story. I loved tuning in every day to hear more.
At 10:56 PM,
Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said…
ditto Louise! Seing the pics of the girls in their cribs just gave me goosebumps. The moment you've planned for so long finally came!!
Congrats you guys!
At 1:46 PM,
Anonymous said…
Such an amazing journey Lisa! Thank you for sharing it so openly like you do. You have such a beautiful family. :-)
--Danielle
At 9:38 PM,
Christy said…
The pictures of the girls in their cribs in your home were amazing. Only sometimes do I let myself think that far ahead. What an incredible feling that must have been. Congratulations to all of you.
At 6:56 AM,
Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…
It was sooo amazing to be a part to that day. I too will hold it in my heart forever!!
At 7:24 PM,
geminirn said…
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing journey!!!!!
Just look at those two precious little beauties,all snuggled into their cribs..awwwww!!!
At 6:04 AM,
Renee said…
Lisa,
Congratulations and welcome home! I purchased t-shirts from you in July- I wanted to let you that we received our referral last week! When you have a minute check our blog www.wewillbringthemhome.blogspot.com
At 12:55 PM,
Beth said…
You're story chokes me up - I feel very honored to be a witness to your, and everyone's, stories. Thanks again for sharing.
At 4:32 AM,
Krista Dolan said…
ok, went from goosebumps to crying!!
so wonderful. I am so happy for you guys!
Krista
(I need to get Kleenex now)
At 9:13 AM,
Anonymous said…
That special day that we had been dreaming for have finally come.
Thanks again Lisa and Pierre for the two beautiful Grandaughters
My eyes always fill with tears of happiness everytime I read the comments.
Thanks everone for sharring our joy. Donald and Rose..
At 2:48 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Lisa and Pierre,
The girls are just soooo beautiful! I can't wait to meet them. I am hoping that will be sooner rather than later.
...Susan
Post a Comment
<< Home