The trip home !!
So here we are at the Addis Airport.... ready to leave this beautiful country.... we left the guest house around 7 p.m... our flight was at 10h45... the girls did amazing considering that it was way past their bedtimes and they did not sleep at all until we boarded and were FULL of energy... we got a few good laughs that's for sure...
.JPG)
.JPG)


Marika then decided that she would sit on the bottom part of the umbrella stroller this way she would not have to give a turn to Karelle in the stroller and they could both enjoy the rides that daddy was giving them....
We all slept for like 3 hours on the first long flight and other than that we played and went to the bathroom, Marika loves bathrooms and anything that has to do with going to the bathroom and was asking all the time and we did not want her to have an accident on the plane so we went to the bathroom VERY often to say the least LOL !
On the first long flight, Berthe was not sitting which us which was no fun, plus Pierre and I were sitting in the two middle seats in a row of four seats in the middle of the plane... not good with a toddler that asked to go to the bathroom all the time... and well I didn't blame her for asking and wanting to go take walks as it was pretty crammed with them being on our laps the whole 7 ish hours... considering all that, they did soooo well and were real troopers even though it was the middle of the night...
We got to Germany early morning and ate at McDonalds (does not taste the same as ours at all just in case someone wants to know), even the apple juice tasted different and wasn't really good... Marika played at the play park they have and made LOTS of friends.... She kept going down the slide and then jumping up and down and saying YEAH with her hands in the air.... all the other children would laugh and bring her up the slide again ! Karelle watched from our arms and enjoyed the other children as much ! They also both slept a few hours in the stroller at this airport but we didn't ......shut our eyes a few times just for a few minutes but that was it...
Then we were off again.. another LONG flight... this time no one slept amazingly...... we ate, played, went to the bathroom again... Berthe was sitting with us this time so was much easier to eat with the girls on our laps (using her tray) and things like that.....We really had to get creative sometimes.... they were tired we could tell but would NOT fall alseep... so they whined a bit on this flight but were still doing much better than we ever imagined for two very energetic toddlers that had to sit on our laps the whole time...
Marika was reserving her energy and my goodness when we hit Toronto and her feet touched the ground, she was like a bomb... started running and laughing and running and laughing...she didn't stop the whole layover and was just WILD :) We had much fun changing them in the clothes that we had brought for when they met our family and friends at the airport.. They could sense our excitement i'm sure but did not really know where we were going... I am sad that I did not take any pictures at the airport in Toronto.. but running after them and eating and changing, we thought we had missed our flight at some point as well but we had not... we were not watching the time very well...
Then we boarded the last flight home...... felt AMAZING to say the least.... I kept looking at Pierre and saying ... this is it..... this is it.... I have tears just writting about this part as it was such an awsome feeling to be on the last flight and knowing that all our friends and family were making their way from everywhere in the maritimes to welcome us home.... The girls crashed and slept this whole flight... Pierre slept ...... I was not able to ... too excited to see everyone and to have them see the girls of course...... I just glared out the window listning to Marika snore on my laps the whole flight..... I was not sure if she would wake up.....
continued in the next post....I know I know this is soo cruel huh..... LOL
Marika then decided that she would sit on the bottom part of the umbrella stroller this way she would not have to give a turn to Karelle in the stroller and they could both enjoy the rides that daddy was giving them....
We all slept for like 3 hours on the first long flight and other than that we played and went to the bathroom, Marika loves bathrooms and anything that has to do with going to the bathroom and was asking all the time and we did not want her to have an accident on the plane so we went to the bathroom VERY often to say the least LOL !
On the first long flight, Berthe was not sitting which us which was no fun, plus Pierre and I were sitting in the two middle seats in a row of four seats in the middle of the plane... not good with a toddler that asked to go to the bathroom all the time... and well I didn't blame her for asking and wanting to go take walks as it was pretty crammed with them being on our laps the whole 7 ish hours... considering all that, they did soooo well and were real troopers even though it was the middle of the night...
We got to Germany early morning and ate at McDonalds (does not taste the same as ours at all just in case someone wants to know), even the apple juice tasted different and wasn't really good... Marika played at the play park they have and made LOTS of friends.... She kept going down the slide and then jumping up and down and saying YEAH with her hands in the air.... all the other children would laugh and bring her up the slide again ! Karelle watched from our arms and enjoyed the other children as much ! They also both slept a few hours in the stroller at this airport but we didn't ......shut our eyes a few times just for a few minutes but that was it...
Then we were off again.. another LONG flight... this time no one slept amazingly...... we ate, played, went to the bathroom again... Berthe was sitting with us this time so was much easier to eat with the girls on our laps (using her tray) and things like that.....We really had to get creative sometimes.... they were tired we could tell but would NOT fall alseep... so they whined a bit on this flight but were still doing much better than we ever imagined for two very energetic toddlers that had to sit on our laps the whole time...
Marika was reserving her energy and my goodness when we hit Toronto and her feet touched the ground, she was like a bomb... started running and laughing and running and laughing...she didn't stop the whole layover and was just WILD :) We had much fun changing them in the clothes that we had brought for when they met our family and friends at the airport.. They could sense our excitement i'm sure but did not really know where we were going... I am sad that I did not take any pictures at the airport in Toronto.. but running after them and eating and changing, we thought we had missed our flight at some point as well but we had not... we were not watching the time very well...
Then we boarded the last flight home...... felt AMAZING to say the least.... I kept looking at Pierre and saying ... this is it..... this is it.... I have tears just writting about this part as it was such an awsome feeling to be on the last flight and knowing that all our friends and family were making their way from everywhere in the maritimes to welcome us home.... The girls crashed and slept this whole flight... Pierre slept ...... I was not able to ... too excited to see everyone and to have them see the girls of course...... I just glared out the window listning to Marika snore on my laps the whole flight..... I was not sure if she would wake up.....
continued in the next post....I know I know this is soo cruel huh..... LOL
Click to join MaritimeEthiopiaAdopt

6 Comments:
At 7:29 PM,
geminirn said…
THANKS FOR SHARING.....HOWEVER!!!..........I WANT TO HEAR THE REST!!!!!!!!......lol
Sorry I had to miss your arrival....but had to work..if We want to get to China!
At 9:47 PM,
Dianne said…
Just wanted to de-lurk and say how much I am enjoying reading all about your journey. Your girls are adorable, and I can't wait to be on the same journey someday, meeting our child! Thanks for sharing :)
At 10:04 PM,
hazel said…
Hi Lisa. It's great hearing about the flights home. I'm always curious to hear how everyone's kids manage it. Looking forward to the next installment.
At 5:42 AM,
Anonymous said…
Great post. That is a lot of different plane rides. Fortunately we'll only have 2. One for 13 hours and one for 2 hours.
Can't wait to tune in for the rest of the story!
At 6:19 AM,
Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said…
Oh Lisa
I have a big lump im my throat reading this especially the last paragraph..I can only imagine how you felt and I can assure you, your family and friends were feeling the same on the other end.
At 4:30 AM,
Krista Dolan said…
ohhhh Lisa!!!!!!
Your giving me goosebumps!!!!!
Krista
Post a Comment
<< Home